Good Sunday Morning To Everyone..And The Story Behind This Picture..

                                 Praying all is well, that everyone is keeping healthy and safe.  I wish this always as the season is approaching its peak and soon the Holidays will be over.  I know all of us will need a rest from all our hectic schedules.   Sunday is The Lord's day, a time to rest and reflect on the past week and pray for the week to come but more so, to give thanks to our creator for all the blessings He has given us.   I know that going to church will not get me into heaven but to teach me more about who our God is and how much He cares and loves us all, it is comforting especially in the midst of my confusing life at times.   So I pray that everyone and you Stephen have a blessed and safe week, my love to you and your family.
                               Yesterday was difficult...and that can be sure...as not only as the anniversary of my late husband's passing from this earth, but "Yesterday" is just that, yesterday, the day ahead is always better. 
                               I know its odd to post my artwork about an ornery theme on such a serious blog, but I know, I was given a somewhat humorous side.  I admit not like the rest of my siblings.
                               The story behind the artwork I did has its charms on a sentimental motive.  Years ago my dad made a Christmas display out of plywood.  I must of only been about two or three years of age when he did this undertaking, but luckily for me, either, mom, grandpa or grandma snapped a picture of it.  I remember seeing it once when dad was cleaning out the garage.
                               What it was, was Santa and his reindeer, the reindeer had wrecked the sleigh.  Santa and some of the deer were injured.  Santa with a broken arm.  Of course, old Santa was alittle upset with his four legged critters and had to hitch-hike from passing motorist as it was supposed to appear.  My dad hooked a little motor behind the project to make it appear that Santa was thumbing a ride.  I always thought it was cute and funny, so much so that when I worked for Big Bear, I painted the scene on the store window.
                              Well with some modern adjustments, I re-created the scene again for all of you and I hope it makes you smile, sometimes we have to find just a bit a humor within ourselves to ease up the tension we create for ourselves.    Love you Schizz and I hope you enjoy it...I know some of you with medical degrees will appreciate the picture!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh My Goodness Another Birthday Gone By

Hello And Well Wishes

The New England Primer